Living in a metro area has so many amazing benefits, but for some homeowners space can become an issue. Thankfully there is a solution – a new home addition! Here are some of our favorite trends for 2020:
A mud room or new entry area can be added at any entry point that is convenient for you. Some key elements may include:
- Shoe storage
- Coat racks for closets
- Seating area to put on or take off shoes
Want to think big? Here are some other ‘extras’ you may want to consider:
- A half bathroom
- A dog bathing space
- Pet food storage areas
- Built-in storage cubbies
- Laundry room
Our main priority is improving the flow of your home and making this space more functional for you!
The kitchen is the most highly used area of your home, and also one of the most popular remodel options. Looking for more space? Consider an extension.
Many kitchens in the Twin Cities were built decades ago, long before the concept of open floor plan kitchens became the norm. The often include closed off rooms, but we can help.
Some of our favorite new features include:
- Open floor plan
- Kitchen island countertop
- Breakfast nook
- Dining room
- Sliding doors into an outdoor dining area or patio
- Built-in storage
- Walk-in pantry
For many, aging-in-place home additions or housing aging family is not only a vague goal, but a necessity.
Aging-in-place remodeling is aimed at helping homeowners live happily and independently at home as they get older. This type of addition is focused on accessibility and typically involves:
- Adding a master suite to the ground level of the home
- Widening doorways
- Adding bathrooms with zero-transition showers
- Leveling showers and removing tub walls
- Decreasing steepness of steps
- Adding handrails where needed
- There’s also a growing trend of adults adding in-law suites to their home for their aging parents. These suites may be attached or detached from the home and are meant to provide a safe space for older relatives to stay — whether they’re moving in permanently or just visiting.
We would love to assist you in making your home addition dreams come true. Contact us today to find out more.