You’re justifiably proud of your new kitchen cabinets. We build our custom cabinets to last you a lifetime, with proper care and maintenance. Here are some tips to help you keep your cabinets clean and beautiful.
Catalyzed finishes take some time to cure – about 30 days. During that time, the finish is settling in to its final color and performance level. Well maintained catalyzed finishes will beautify and protect your cabinets for years to come.
Everyday Use Tips
- Wipe up spills, splatters and water spots as they occur – keep your cabinets dry.
- Clean smoke residue, cooking vapors, or body oils with a damp cloth and a small amount of high-quality furniture cleaner.
- Avoid placing small kitchen appliances where heat or steam is directed onto cabinet surfaces.
- Avoid draping damp clothes or dishtowels over cabinet doors – excessive moisture can cause permanent damage.
Basic Cleaning Tips
- Use a clean soft cloth such as an old T-shirt, cheesecloth, flannel or chamois with no snaps or buttons that may scratch the surface.
- Use a mild detergent or soap with warm water.
- Follow the grain of wood when cleaning and polishing.
- Dry wet surfaces immediately with a soft cloth. Avoid using a dishcloth or sponge – it could contain remnants of grease or detergents.
- Do not use products with bleach, ammonia or abrasive additives.
- Never use scouring pads, steel wool or powdered cleaners.
- Do not allow oven cleaners to come in contact with wood finishes.
- Avoid the use of silicones and waxes. Polishes are the best choice for wood protection. They contain detergents to clean the dirt, emulsifiers to give the wood body, and leave mineral oil behind as a barrier for dirt and moisture.