It’s the happiest (busiest!) time of the year. We know you have a million other things to think about right now, so here is some fodder for daydreaming – daydreaming of home remodeling in 2018.
Here are some trends we love, and things to consider in the New Year.
- Metallic – This has been a trend for some time, and we don’t think it’s going away. Silver, gold, brass, and everything in between. It makes a great accent to any color and adds a glimmer of shiny and new no matter the project.
- Texture – No matter surface or level of minimalism, texture can add depth without clutter. Consider it when choosing finishes, fabrics, and surfaces in your new remodel.
- Nature – Adding natural elements to your space deserves its own blog post because there are infinite avenues, but keep it at top-of-mind when selecting: table settings, wall paper, decorative accents, fabrics, and more.
- Cleanliness – But not cleanliness in the traditional sense. Think clean lines and simple elegance when picking layout, furniture, and appliances.
- The fireplace – In Minnesota this has never really been a trend, but a necessity. However, the styling of this essential home element has changed some over the years. When dreaming up your new space, think about inlays, decorative mantles, and focal points for the room.
- Marble – This ties back some into the adding natural elements into your space, but marble is not only classic and timeless, it is durable and easy to clean.
We hope you have a safe and happy holiday season and contact us when you’re ready to plan your next dream home project!