Every year the holidays approach and families look for ways to keep activities fresh, fun and new. Here are our favorite entertaining trends to try out this season!
- More activities – depending on your usual traditions, consider throwing in a new activity to keep company entertained. This can be literally anything, but some of our favorites are: dance party, board games, pie baking contest, karaoke, scratch cards, the sky’s the limit! Be creative and introduce something new and fun – you won’t regret it.
- Fun cocktails – Try your hand as a mixologist! Maybe introduce a fun holiday-themed cocktail or aperitif to switch things up. They can be festive and oh-so delicious.
- Make it from scratch – The days of the boxed meals are dead. It may be easier to make your mashed potatoes or stuffing from a box, but eliciting the help of a loved one to make these dishes by hand can create new opportunities for connecting in the kitchen. Plus, let’s be honest, it tastes better and is good for you!
- Eat your veggies – We all love to indulge! Give your family the “green” light to indulge in vegetables. If they are available, they will be consumed. Make a veggie tray with dip for easy snacking. And who can forget the timeless green bean casserole and sweet potatoes?
- Try a food bar! It might sound out of place, but sometimes mixing up the holiday dinner can add some fun and excitement. Taco bar? Sure! Sundae bar for dessert? Why not! It’s interactive and engaging and creates memories that last a lifetime.
We take pride in creating the perfect entertaining spaces for the holidays and more. Contact us today to see how we can help you make it happen.