We live in Minnesota, so we know the importance of layers, especially in the upcoming cooler months. However, have you ever considered the effect that layers can have within your home and family spaces?
Here are a few ways you can incorporate layers in your upcoming home design project, and how we can help:
In the Kitchen:
- Multiple window banks: Aside from adding an abundance of additional natural light to your space, the inclusion of the outdoor landscape into the interior design of your home adds texture and color without clutter.
- Casual, yet clean: White cabinets remain the dominant choice for kitchen design, but adding in pops of color, or natural wood elements adds a feeling of warmth amongst the clean white.
- Islands: Those that know them, love them. Truly the hub of the home, not only do they add functionality to your family space, they provide a layered yet open barrier within the home.
In the Bathroom:
- Marble: This natural stone is both modern and timeless looking while having an organic feel, allowing it to add texture and contrast within your new remodel.
- Dress it up: If you are going for a clean, buttoned up look, you can still add layers to your space by adding deep, dark wood, different sized photo frames and small pops of neutral colors.
- Shiplap: This wood planking option is specifically effective within a small space, as it can add texture without condensing the room, but instead adding visual height or length to your bathroom.
In the Laundry Room:
- A dedicated space: If this has been something that has been on your wishlist, now is the time to reach out to explore either transforming your current space or adding an addition to create a dedicated laundry space for your family.
- Mudroom: Doubling your dedicated laundry space as a mudroom is an effective way to make good use of your home’s footprint while making it simple to toss muddy and wet clothes directly into the wash.
- Smart storage: We can help you create the most efficient laundry space for you with smart storage options such as hooks, boot bins, hidden hampers and more.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you create the most timeless, functional and layered space for you and your family!